🧠 LIGHTDROP DEVOTIONAL
Theme: The Battle Against Forgetfulness
Focus: Remembering What Fear Made You Forget
📅 July 12, 2026 | Day 193
🧠 Title: Praise Is How You Remember
📖 Scripture: Psalm 145:4–7
4 - One generation shall praise Your works to another, And shall declare Your mighty acts.
5 - I will meditate on the glorious splendor of Your majesty, And on Your wondrous works.
6 - Men shall speak of the might of Your awesome acts, And I will declare Your greatness.
7 - They shall utter the memory of Your great goodness, And shall sing of Your righteousness.
Fear has a short memory.
It convinces you that this is the hardest battle you've ever faced, even though God has brought you through battles before.
One of the quickest ways to recover your memory is through praise.
💡 LIGHTDROP INSIGHT:
David didn't praise God because life was always easy. He praised because God's faithfulness deserved to be remembered.
Praise is more than singing. It is intentionally recalling who God is and what He has done. Every testimony you remember weakens the voice of fear.
Thanksgiving remembers God's gifts.
Praise remembers God's character.
And His character never changes.
Think about a season you thought would break you. Today, it has become part of your testimony.
The God who carried you then has not become weaker now.
⚖️ CORE SHIFT:
Praise shifts your attention from the size of today's problem to the greatness of the God who has never failed.
🕯 REFLECTION:
When fear speaks the loudest, what do I remember first, my problems or God's faithfulness?
🙏 PRAYER:
Father, help me to raise my praise higher above my fears.
Bring my mind to all the battles You have already helped me overcome, so that I can place my trust in You for the challenges I face today. Amen
✨ LIGHTDROP THOUGHT:
Fear forgets. Praise remembers.

Comments
Post a Comment