When Fear Takes Control


 

LIGHTDROP DEVOTIONAL

Theme: The Lifter of My Head

Focus: When Life Bows Your Head

August 6, 2026 | Day 218

When Fear Takes Control

Isaiah 41:10:
Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'

––––

Fear rarely shouts.

It whispers.

"What if it doesn't work?"

"What if you fail again?"

"What if tomorrow gets worse?"

Fear bows your head before the battle even begins.

Faith lifts your eyes before the victory arrives.

God never promised an easy journey.

He promised His presence.

Fear has delayed dreams...

Prevented conversations...

Destroyed opportunities...

Simply because someone imagined the worst before trusting God.

Faith isn't the absence of fear.

It is choosing to obey God despite it.

What fear is making decisions that only faith should make?

Father, replace every fear within me with unshakable confidence in Your abiding presence. When uncertainty and anxiety arise, remind me that You are with me, strengthening, guiding, and fighting for me. Let Your perfect love cast out every fear, and fill my heart with courage and peace. In Jesus' name, Amen

Fear looks at the storm. Faith looks at the Savior.

Comments