LET HIS BEAUTY REST ON YOU
1/9/2026 | Day 244
---
We spend so much time trying to make our lives look good.
But what if the greatest beauty your life needs is not something you can create?
What if you can have a beautiful appearance, a good reputation, impressive achievements—and still lack the one thing that gives life its deepest beauty?
Moses prayed, “Let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us.”
He wasn't asking God to make them look better.
He was asking God to put something of Himself upon them.
The word “beauty” in Psalm 90:17 speaks of God's pleasantness, favor, graciousness and splendor.
It is the kind of beauty that comes from God's presence and rests upon a person's life.
Human beauty can attract attention.
God's beauty transforms influence.
Human beauty can impress people.
God's beauty leaves an imprint.
Human beauty can fade with time.
What God places upon a life can continue producing fruit long after the moment has passed.
This is why Moses didn't simply pray, “Bless us.”
He prayed:
“Let Your beauty be upon us.”
Because when God puts His beauty upon a person, ordinary things can begin to carry extraordinary significance.
The beauty is not merely around you.
It is upon you.
Sometimes you wonder why your life doesn't look the way you imagined it would.
You compare yourself with others.
And quietly, you begin to believe that your life needs more outward evidence before it can be considered beautiful.
But God may be working on something deeper.
He may be developing your character while others are displaying their achievements.
He may be strengthening your heart while others are announcing their victories.
He may be preparing something within you that cannot be measured by appearance.
You don't need to spend your entire life trying to look significant.
You need to become a vessel upon which God's beauty can rest.
The SHIFT:
Today, stop asking only:
“How can I make my life better?”
Begin asking:
“Lord, what can You place upon my life?”
Because there is a difference between manufactured beauty and divine beauty.
You can manufacture an image.
You cannot manufacture God's presence.
You can create an appearance.
You cannot manufacture divine grace.
You can pursue applause.
But you cannot substitute applause for the beauty that comes from God.
The shift is this:
I don't have to manufacture a beautiful life. I need to surrender my life to the One who makes it beautiful.
Carry The LIGHT:
- If I am honest, how much of my life am I spending trying to look beautiful to people instead of becoming beautiful before God?
- What if the thing I have been trying so hard to prove externally is something God wants to establish internally first?
Lord, let Your beauty rest upon me.
Deliver me from the pressure to prove myself, impress people, and manufacture an image that You never asked me to create.
Put Your grace upon my life.
Let Your presence shape my character.
Let Your goodness become visible through the way I live, speak, serve, work, love and respond.
Where I have been chasing outward approval, bring me back to Your presence.
Where I have been comparing my journey with others, give me contentment in what You are building in me.
Lord, let Your beauty, not my performance, reputation, or achievements be what distinguishes my life.
Amen.
You don't have to manufacture a beautiful life; surrender your life to God, and let His beauty rest upon you.
.png)
Comments
Post a Comment