When God establishes what your hands have built.
“And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it.”
–––
27/9/2026 | Day 270
WHAT HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN?
It’s often easier to recall what hurt us than to remember what God carried us through.
We remember the disappointment, the unanswered prayer, the closed door, and the season that tested our strength. Yet, in the middle of remembering the struggle, we can overlook the grace that sustained us through it.
What if one of gratitude’s greatest obstacles is simply forgetting?
Throughout Scripture, God calls His people to remember: His works, His faithfulness, His deliverance.
Why? Because remembrance can become worship.
When you look back and recognize how far God has brought you, today’s difficulty no longer gets to tell the whole story. The challenge may be real, but so is the One who has carried you through every season before it.
You may not have everything you’re hoping for today. But when you remember all God has already done, you can still find reason to give thanks.
Gratitude says:
“I may not be where I long to be, but I know I didn’t get this far by myself.”
THE SHIFT:
Instead of asking:
“What am I still waiting for?”
Ask:
“What has God already brought me through?”
CARRY THE LIGHT:
- Pause today and name three things God has done for you, things you could not have made happen by your own strength.
- Let those memories remind you that the God who sustained you then is still with you now.
- What evidence of God’s faithfulness have I been too busy to notice or remember?
When you remember what God has done, gratitude becomes a testimony.
.png)
Comments
Post a Comment