WHAT IS IN YOUR HANDS?



LIGHTDROP DEVOTIONAL:
SEPTEMBER SERIES

SERIES TITLE:
THE BEAUTY OF GOD UPON US

SERIES 4:
WHEN HIS BEAUTY TOUCHES THE WORK OF YOUR HANDS

Anchor Scripture:
Psalm 90:17 (NKJV)

“And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us, And establish the work of our hands for us; Yes, establish the work of our hands."

What is upon you eventually influences what comes through you.

---

Theme:
THE BEAUTY OF GOD UPON US

20/9/2029 | DAY 263

WHAT IS IN YOUR HANDS?

Gratitude changes how we see what God has already placed in our hands.

“I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well."
Psalm 139:14 (NKJV)

––

Sometimes we keep asking God for something new while neglecting what He has already placed in our hands.

We want another opportunity.

Another connection.

Another platform.

Another resource.

Another door.

But what if the first miracle is learning to value what you already have?

Before God establishes the work of your hands, He often teaches you how to steward what is already in them.

Your hands may carry a skill you haven't developed.

An idea you haven't pursued.

A responsibility you have underestimated.

A small opportunity you have considered insignificant.

Gratitude helps you stop despising the beginning.

Moses had a rod.

David had a sling.

The widow had a jar of oil.

What looks ordinary in your hands can become extraordinary when surrendered to God.

You may be waiting for a better job while neglecting the skill you can develop now.

Waiting for a bigger business while mishandling the small one.

Waiting for a larger audience while failing to serve the few already listening.

Sometimes the problem isn't that you have too little.

You may simply be underestimating what God can do with what you have.

Here is the SHIFT:

Stop asking:

“What more do I need?”

Start asking:

“What can I faithfully do with what God has already placed in my hands?”

CARRY THE LIGHT:

⁠ If I truly believe God has given me something to steward, why am I treating what I have as though it is worthless?

Father, open my eyes to recognize what You have already placed in my hands.
Teach me to value small beginnings, develop what You have given me, and steward every opportunity faithfully.
Let gratitude replace comparison and faithful action replace excuses.
Amen.

Never despise what is in your hands simply because it is not yet what you see in your dreams.

Comments